Interviewing E-Learning Developer
E-Learning Developer creates engaging and effective learning experiences, leveraging diverse technologies and tools to facilitate online courses, tutorials and learning materials for educational institutions and organizations.
Essential Skills for E-Learning Developer
- Instructional design and learning experience development
- Proficiency in authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate
- Knowledge of e-learning standards (SCORM, xAPI)
- Graphic design and multimedia editing skills
- Project management and collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication
Interview Plan for E-Learning Developer
Round 1: Portfolio Review (30 Minutes)Objective: Assess the quality, creativity, and effectiveness of the candidate’s e-learning work samples.
- Review candidate’s e-learning projects and ask about the design process
- Discuss the learning experience, user engagement, and feedback from learners
- Evaluate candidate’s proficiency with authoring tools and multimedia editing
Round 2: Technical Interview (60 Minutes)Objective: Evaluate the candidate’s technical skills and knowledge of e-learning standards.
- Ask questions about their experience with SCORM, xAPI and LMS integration
- Discuss practical applications of multimedia editing capabilities
Round 3: Instructional Design Scenario (90 Minutes)Objective: Assess the candidate’s ability to create engaging learning experiences.
- Pose a hypothetical e-learning project scenario and ask for a detailed design approach
- Discuss their approach to identifying learning objectives and selecting appropriate instructional methodologies
- Ask for examples of interactive elements and multimedia assets they would create to support learning goals
Important Notes for the Interviewer
- Remember to ask about candidate’s experience collaborating with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders
- Emphasize versatility in adapting to different industry-specific content
- In addition to technical skills, assess their problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Factor in their willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest e-learning trends and tools
Before proceeding with final decision, ensure the candidate possesses not only the required technical skills but also demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills, making them a valuable addition to the team from a collaborative perspective.
Trusted by 500+ customers worldwide