Which is the Best Software to Conduct a Structured Interview?Recruitment strategy is growing more complex and significant as your company expands and markets become more competitive. Businesses that need to coordinate hiring responsibilities and speed-up the recruitment process frequently turn to recruitment tools as a solution. Such tools not only save you efforts but also money which can be directed toward the labor-intensive parts of hiring new personnel. Interview software platforms are booming and for good reason. In recent years, video interviews and hybrid workplaces have become more mainstream with employer acceptance. What can Intelligent interviewing for job applicants, BarRaiser being a prime example, accomplish for your business? According to Harvard Business Review Structured interviewing is the most efficient way for hiring new personnel. Structured interviews have consistently been demonstrated to be more effective at predicting a candidate’s performance at your company. You can simplify and make interviewing convenient and build diversity by using structured interview software. Your hiring teams can avoid letting their feelings or unique quirks or biases influence their decision-making by requiring all candidates to answer similar job-relevant questions and utilizing a predetermined score rubric. Hiring decisions made using data and quantifiable traits are more effective. This will require you to build deep visibility in your interview process which an interview platform like BarRaiser can do. A good interview plan will enable you to set up a structured interview process for the organization, manage and monitor the process and ensure that the interview plans set out are consistently followed. Utilize the power of the BarRaiser deep analytics instead of hard-to-manage spreadsheets to manage interview content, competencies, and interview scores, and you’ll start saving time and money from day one. The AI-powered platform system also analyzes data on your hiring process and trains interviewers to make higher-caliber hiring judgments.
Efficiency through a series of structured interviewsYour hiring teams need more time to squander on an unsuccessful hiring procedure. By building and executing an interview plan on the BarRaiser interviewing platform, you can provide the skills and assurance they need to evaluate potential workers fairly. You can achieve several benefits by using our intelligent interviewing software, including:
- Consistency: treating every applicant equally and adhering to legal requirements
- Fairness: giving each applicant a chance they need to show skills related to the position
- Effectiveness: Increasing your ability to foresee a candidate’s success in a position at your firm
- Accuracy: ensuring that each hiring team member receives the same information.
Who is most likely to benefit from interview tools?Interview tools help almost everyone in the hiring chain. Some ways how these tools impact different stakeholders:
- Recruiters: To establish job descriptions and discover applicants with the necessary skills and qualities, recruiters collaborate with hiring managers.
- Talent acquisition experts can create long-term and short-term plans for growing a competent workforce, paying special attention to leaders, executives, and difficult-to-fill specialty positions. They can also optimize the interviewing funnel by designing the right panels for each role/interview screen.
- Human resources: Objective and comparable outcomes can help HR teams to set benchmarks for compensation and even appraisals.
- Talent Sources: Deeper visibility on hiring managers’ preferences and role requirements (often not as clear due to generic job descriptions) helps them define the search parameters better suited to the role.
- Hiring Managers: An interview tool helps in quick interview prep, real-time assistance during the interview, note-taking, and bias mitigation. Training the interviewers for them to ramp up faster as well as monitoring and encouraging good interviewing behaviors are other benefits of an intelligent interview platform.
5 kinds of Interview ToolsNew products and solutions are introduced every year to make the hiring process more straightforward. The top 5 tools to aid hiring managers and recruiters in streamlining the interview process are listed below.
1. Job boardsEmployers and job seekers can connect through job boards or search portals. The job boards are great to conduct searches and connect to candidates that match those search parameters. Numerous employment boards prescreen candidates for your business and algorithmically evaluate them based on your parameters. Salary estimates, job descriptions, and business biographies are frequently displayed on job boards. Candidate’s questions can be addressed and an interview can be scheduled. The quality of searches, however, is highly dependent on the input parameters which quite often are not very specific. For example, a company may post a job for a “marketing specialist,” but use the keywords “marketing,” “advertising,” and “branding” without specifying the specific skills or qualifications needed for the role. Furthermore, job boards do not help you conduct structured interviews or help in decision-making based on data.
2. Premade assessmentsBefore an applicant is considered for a position, pre-hire evaluations analyze their skills. You can ask applicants to take a variety of pre-made or custom assessments to determine their competency levels for essential abilities. Software tools for testing and evaluation are ubiquitous in technical domains like computer science. However, you can also utilize them to evaluate crucial scenarios like problem-solving, hazard awareness, and language proficiency.
3. ChatbotsAI chatbots arrange types of interviews, offer pre-programmed solutions, help with predetermined questions to frequently asked situational interview questions, and draw attention from job seekers actively looking for positions comparable to yours. The use of chatbots can be integrated with your website or well-known job portals. Anyone visiting your company’s job posting is asked to engage with a bot who persuades them to stop and consider applying for your opening. Chatbots have the disadvantage of eliminating the “human touch” which is often a deal breaker for candidates. Also, chatbots do put candidates with special needs at a disadvantage.
4. Interviewing softwareIf you’re hiring for a remote position or many applications, use BarRaiser. It helps in preparing an interview plan through hundreds of templates and hundreds of thousands of interview questions. Beyond that, the interview assistant helps the interviewers stick to structure and prevent illegal questioning. Interviews are recorded, transcribed, and analyzed to provide contextual suggestions and make feedback submissions lightning-fast while keeping them 100% objective. BarRaiser provides seamless integrations with other software like ATS, video conferencing, and messaging tools. It has features like an interview scheduler, automated candidate communication, and interview scorecards (measuring the interview quality). BarRaiser also follows all global standard compliances on interview recordings.
5. Applicant tracking systemsAn applicant tracking system (ATS) organizes multiple application materials with identifying information at each stage of the recruiting process and collects candidate information in a database. By highlighting applications, cover letters, and another aim is to apply that contain or don’t contain pertinent keywords, an ATS automates the screening of resumes. They enhance company-wide communication by enabling multiple employees to know which applicants have been processed. ATS, however, does not provide good interview plans and structuring. They also lack preparation content and feedback guidance.
Benefits of using Structured-Interview Software for EmployeesRecruiting new staff is one of the most crucial tasks in any company. However, attracting people with the essential aptitude for the position and a disposition that meshes with your corporate culture is difficult at best. Talent acquisition managers can concentrate on branding, communication, and networking when tedious hiring process components are automated. Building a high-performing workforce and maintaining a pipeline of qualified candidates requires a lot of work, as you undoubtedly know. Many things can be aided by hiring tools.
Up to 65% more predictive validity for your next hireMake the best hire with confidence by basing your choice on unbiased assessments rather than gut feelings.
- BarRaiser’s organized interview process enables a quick and fair comparison of each applicant.
- Hiring managers may precisely score responses in real-time using built-in rating guides.
- Use a uniform rating scale to assess each candidate so that results can be tallied quickly.
Saving timeInterview software automates administrative procedures, saving hiring managers time on time-consuming data entry or screening activities. Employers can swiftly and effectively engage with applicants thanks to it, which speeds up the process of filling open positions.
Bring in talentYou can connect with more prospects by implementing an applicant tracking system and other interview tools. Additionally, automated software with a user-friendly interface shows that your company is organized and prioritizes its staff, which may motivate applicants. The ideal approach to semi-structured interviews is that taken by BarRaiser.
Simple tools to maintain compliance and accountabilityBy automatically giving hiring managers all the resources they require to perform a compliant interview, you can set them up for success.
- Use our platform to upload hundreds of your already approved HR interview questions for use by hiring managers.
- Utilize automatic reminders and completion tracking to hold hiring managers accountable.
- Recorded interviews can be used to check the hiring manager’s ratings to ensure the standards and criteria are followed.
Data securityThe duty of securely preserving employee data comes with managing hundreds or thousands of employee applications. A ready-secured storehouse for candidate data is provided by recruitment tools, which you may back up on the cloud. By doing this, you may safeguard private information and maintain the talent pool for further usage.
Ensure that each applicant has an equal chance of being hiredYou can lessen hiring prejudices by giving each applicant a fair and equal experience. This also reflects in metrics such as candidate NPS which represents candidate experience.
- Each candidate has a similar interview experience with the same questions and time allotted.
- To reduce prejudice and influence, each interviewer presents their evaluations independently.
- A diverse panel of people can record and examine interviews.