The Best Way to Setup Your Tech Team
BarRaiser platform helped The customer to Fix the organisation structure through data-driven insights.
More often than not, the job descriptions along with the expectations set for the roles in question seem the same over various organisations. Yet an employee with a stellar performance in company A, can’t qualify the technical interview with company B.
Our well-articulated and elaborate expectations for a job role often differ from our requirements.
One of the BarRaiser customers designed an interview structure for a Deep Learning Engineer (Data Science domain) on the platform. The customer was processing a data pipeline of ~2 TB in a day and hence incorporated Distributed Systems or Parallel Processing as one of the main deciding factors.
Upon completing a few interviews on BarRaiser Platform, the scores presented interesting insights.
All the candidates scored the least in Distributed Systems/ Parallel Processing. On further analysis conducted with the client, we found that the jobs were advertised for Deep Learning Engineers, hence candidates with experience in Data Science were applying.
Recruiter/ hiring managers were spending hours screening CVs based on the ML/ DL parameters when requirements were aligned with the Data Engineering Domain.
The evidence of this insight led to 2 conclusions, either the shortlisting process changes or the interview structures change (and hence the expectations).
On reviewing the data the customer decided to restructure the team with a Data Platform team, fulfilled by data engineers handling distributed data pipelines, and a Deep Learning team housing data scientists.
“BarRaiser interviews helped us align our organisation structure to adapt to the talent pool available. Thus, helping us hire faster and built a more robust product.” – Engineering manager
People Also Ask
- What is the perfect team for a tech startup?
The perfect team for a tech startup is one that possesses a combination of technical expertise, entrepreneurial mindset, adaptability, and collaboration skills. It should consist of individuals who are passionate about the startup’s vision, possess a strong understanding of the industry and technology trends, and have the ability to innovate and solve complex problems. Additionally, a diverse team with a mix of skills and experiences can bring valuable perspectives and creative solutions. Effective communication, a growth mindset, and the ability to work well under pressure are also essential qualities for a tech startup team.
- What are the 7 main characteristics of an effective team?
- Clear Purpose: Effective teams have a well-defined purpose with clear goals and objectives that align with the organization’s mission.
- Strong Communication: Open and regular communication is a hallmark of effective teams. They actively share information, ideas, and feedback, ensuring everyone’s voice is heard.
- Trust and Mutual Respect: Successful teams cultivate an environment of trust and mutual respect. Team members value each other’s contributions and treat one another with respect, fostering collaboration and unity.
- Complementary Skills: Effective teams consist of members with diverse skills and expertise that complement one another. This diversity allows for collaboration and problem-solving from different perspectives.
- Accountability: Team members take ownership of their responsibilities and honor their commitments. They hold themselves and each other accountable, fostering a culture of reliability and dependability.
- Adaptability: Effective teams are flexible and adaptable, willing to embrace change and adjust their strategies as needed. They are open to new ideas and approaches, fostering innovation and growth.
- Positive Relationships: Strong interpersonal relationships are fostered within effective teams. They celebrate successes together, support one another during challenges, and promote a sense of camaraderie and unity.